Some of the most dangerous types of motor vehicle accidents involve trucks. They’re big and powerful and share the road with passenger vehicles. When they get into an accident, it’s usually the passenger vehicles that suffer the damage – not the trucks.
A passenger vehicle just doesn’t stand a chance against a tractor trailer. The injuries in these types of accident tend to be very serious. Rogers truck accident lawyers see more than their fair share of these types of cases.
Truck drivers are supposed to be careful – it’s part of their job. But due to long hours and being overworked, truck drivers make mistakes. When this happens, people get hurt. In fact, truck accidents are the deadliest of all accidents.
If you or your loved one have been injured in a truck accident, you need to call an experienced truck accident lawyer in Rogers, Arkansas. They’ll review your case and help you get the compensation you deserve. They’ll also go after all possible defendants liable for your injuries.
Why are Truck Accidents So Dangerous?
Ask any car driver, and they’ll tell you they’re afraid to share the road with tractor trailers. It seems like truck drivers have no regard for other vehicles on the road. They go too fast. They change lanes without looking. It’s as if they have no idea just how dangerous they can be.
Tractor trailers are large and powerful machines. They’re carrying thousands of pounds of cargo on the back of their trucks. They try to get from point A to point B as quickly as possible. This means that, sometimes, they drive too fast. This can make them very reckless.
Truck drivers also tend to work a lot of hours. Most of us work 8 or 9 hours a day. Some truckers have to work 12-14-hour shifts. Many of them do this for weeks on end without a day off. They tend to get overtired. This is one reason they make mistakes.
There are federal rules regulating how many hours a truck driver can work without a break. These rules also dictate that truckers need to take a certain amount of days off every month. But just because the rules exist doesn’t mean people follow of.
Being overtired is just one of the reasons why there are so many truck accidents.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
There are certain things that are more likely to cause a truck accident than others. Some of these are no different from other motor vehicle accidents. For example, truck accidents may be caused by the following:
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
But there are other causes that are more specific to truck accidents. Your Rogers truck accident lawyer is familiar with these causes. They’ll review the details of your case to see who was at fault. They’ll conduct the necessary research to determine if the truck driver was responsible for your crash.
Here are some of the common causes of tractor trailer accidents in Arkansas:
- Lack of training: It takes months to learn how to drive a tractor trailer. If someone gets behind the wheel without the necessary training, they could get into a deadly crash.
- Mechanical Failure: This may include faulty brakes or any other mechanical issue. This is why trucks are required to be serviced often.
- Oversized Trucks: Some drivers aren’t able to handle very large trucks. They may take on more than they can handle.
- Poor Driving Conditions: Just because it’s raining or snowing doesn’t mean truck drivers take off. They still need to get their product to their destination. Trucks can be very unsafe in poor road conditions.
- Driver Inexperience: Truck drivers need a certain amount of experience before they should handle large loads. Unfortunately, some companies throw new drivers on the road before they’re ready.
- Fatigue: Despite federal rules, many drivers work more hours than they’re supposed to. This causes fatigue. Tired drivers make deadly mistakes.
- Overloaded Trucks: Many truck drivers try to fit too much cargo on their trailer. This can cause very dangerous accidents.
Contact an Experienced Truck Driver Lawyer in Rogers, Arkansas Today
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, you’re going to need to focus on recovering from your injuries. The last thing you need to do is deal with lawyers and insurance companies. You also don’t want the insurance company taking advantage of you.
Call and schedule your free initial consultation with an experienced trucking accident lawyer in Rogers, Arkansas. Let them handle the legal side of things while you focus on getting well. The consultation is free and you pay nothing until you settle your case.