Fighting for Victims of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Moving a loved one to a nursing home or assisted living facility (ALF) is a very hard decision to make. The choice is usually made when that family member can no longer care for themselves and other family members are not equipped to provide the medical care needed. Therefore, they have no choice but to rely on the nursing home to provide the necessary medical care for their family member. Unfortunately, nursing homes often do not have the medical staff necessary to provide reasonable care and oftentimes nursing homes hire employees that are not suitably trained.
High numbers of elders across Arkansas have suffered from nursing home abuse or neglect. Unfortunately, nursing homes are a big business and are in place to make a profit which means they cut corners by hiring unqualified staff, understaffing and failing to incorporate appropriate safety equipment. These negligent acts result in injury or death. If you suspect that your loved one is suffering from nursing home neglect or abuse, you should contact the knowledgeable personal injury lawyers at the Law Office of Jason M. Hatfield, P.A. at 479-361-3575 as soon as possible. We can help you:
- Stop the neglect or abuse of nursing home resident.
- Hold the responsible party accountable for the abuse or neglect.
- Help report the neglect or abuse to the proper authorities.
- Seek compensation for the suffering your loved one has wrongfully endured.
The Signs of Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse
The Law Office of Jason M. Hatfield is well versed in the negligence or the patterns of abuse that may be experienced in a nursing home. In many cases the symptoms of abuse and indicators of negligence are clearly identifiable.
Possible negligence of the nursing home staff can be in the form of:
- Improper medication
- Inadequate number of available staff
- Infrequent changes of cloth or bedding / Improper sanitation
- Lack of heat or air conditioning
- Using foul language / Frequent yelling
- Physical assault / Sexual assault
- Emotional harassment / Physical harassment
- Excessive use of restraints (medical or physical)
- Preventing them to meet with their family
- Fear / Not allowing them to communicate about the abuse
- Stealing of personal belongings / Financial abuse or theft / Changing of wills
The common signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect include:
- Bruises / Lacerations / Skin tears
- Broken bones / Other physical injuries
- Bedsores / Pressure sores / Ulcers / Unexplainable burns
- Significant weight loss / Malnutrition / Dehydration
- Dark spots around eyes / Broken bones
- Sudden unexplainable death
If you have observed any of the above signs of nursing home abuse or neglect then you should immediately contact the authorities and seek legal counsel. Our Personal Injury Law firm is experienced in handling nursing home abuse cases and we can help to ensure the nursing home is held accountable for their neglect and work to obtain compensation for the suffering your loved one endured during their nursing home stay.
Experienced. Dedicated. Compassionate.
The lawyers at Law Office of Jason M. Hatfield, P.A. have years of experience in handling nursing home neglect and abuse cases. We are well versed in nursing home law and with a background in pre-medicine we know exactly how to quickly identify the pattern and symptoms of abuse in assisted living and nursing home environments. We also understand how the nursing home staff works, how their shifts are set and how their tasks are allotted.
Nursing home abuse and neglect cases are classically very complex and require many resources. Our firm has the means and resources to build a strong case by:
- Conducting a thorough investigation
- Gathering medical records and staffing records
- Hiring nursing home experts to evaluate staffing and safety measures
- Hiring medical experts to support the evidence of abuse
Hiring our personal injury law firm quickly after discovering abuse or neglect of your loved one is crucial as it is very easy for the nursing home to destroy any evidence. Our nursing home abuse attorneys will quickly build a strong case by collecting evidence of abuse and gathering concrete facts. Contact us to day at 479-361-3575 for your free no obligation consultation.
Experienced Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Attorneys
The attorneys at the Law Office of Jason M. Hatfield, P.A. are committed to building a compelling case and we have obtained significant results for our assisted living and nursing home abuse clients. We will ensure to get justice if you or your loved one have been abused by a nursing home or their staff.
Our law firm has a reputation of helping those in need and we have a strong emphasis on a bond of trust with our clients. Give our office a call at 479-361-3575 to schedule your free no obligation consultation.