If you get hurt in a motorcycle accident in Fayetteville, Arkansas, you’ll probably suffer some pretty serious injuries. The last thing you’re going to want to do is deal with insurance companies and lawsuits.
That doesn’t mean these things don’t need to happen. But you don’t have to handle it yourself. You should call and talk to an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer right away. This way, you can focus on getting better. Let your attorney handle the legal side of things.
The whole point of filing your legal claim is to receive compensation. There’s no secret about that. Your lawyer’s main job is to get you money to cover your injuries and pain and suffering. The best way for them to do this is for you to contact them immediately after your crash.
What Kind of Injuries are Caused by Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accident are very dangerous. There’s nothing to protect you from the impact with a car or SUV. The only thing that stands between you and two tons of metal is a plastic helmet. The injuries suffered in a motorcycle accident in Fayetteville include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Lacerations, burns and broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Facial disfigurement
Any or all of these may require surgery and physical therapy. You could be in the hospital for quite some time. This means you’ll be out of work for a while. The person responsible for your accident should be held accountable.
Your motorcycle accident lawyer in Fayetteville is going to fight to get you the compensation you deserve. They’ll have to prove two things to do this:
- The defendant is responsible for the accident
- You suffered injuries or damages
Your motorcycle injury lawyer in Arkansas has years of experience handling cases just like yours. They’ll know what to do to prove your case.
Your Initial Complaint Will Demand Certain Damages
When you first file your lawsuit, you’ll have to list your damages. You can’t go back and do this later on. In fact, once you file suit, you won’t really be able to demand anything different from what’s listed in your complaint.
Some of the damages your attorney will include in your complaint are:
- Medical Bills – The defendant will be responsible for your medical bills. This will include current and future medical bills. Your doctors can testify as to what medical care you’ll need going forward. Your lawyer will have experts testify as to how much this care will cost.
- Lost Wages – If you miss a lot of time from work, you’ll be entitled to damages. You shouldn’t lose money because someone else caused your accident. Your lawyer can submit proof of how you’ve lost due to missing time from work. They’ll also submit evidence of future income you may have lost.
- Property Damage – Your motorcycle will probably be destroyed in your crash. You should be entitled to have your bike repaired or replaced.
- Pain and Suffering – You deserve to be compensated for your mental and physical anguish. These damages may make up the lion’s share of your settlement.
- Permanent Disability – If you’re unable to work after the accident, you can include this in your damages. You won’t make as much on disability as you would working full-time. Your Fayetteville motorcycle accident lawyer can demand that you be compensated for the difference.
Your attorney has years of experience getting their clients the compensation they deserve. Make sure you provide them with as much information as possible so they can get you damages as well.
In order to get you any compensation, your lawyer has to prove your damages. Some of the things they can use to do this are:
- Receipts for any prescriptions, co-pays or medical equipment you had to buy or lease
- Proof of the cost for repairs to your motorcycle
- Pay stubs and timesheets that show how much time you’ve missed from work
- Tax records to show how much you earned prior to the accident
Contact an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Fayetteville Today
If you’ve been hurt in a motorcycle accident, you won’t want to deal with insurance companies and paperwork. You’ll need to focus on recovering from your injuries. This is why you need to contact an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer at Jason M. Hatfield P.A.
Call today and schedule your initial consultation. It’s absolutely free and you pay nothing until you settle your case.