Were You Injured In A Personal Injury Accident?
If you or a family member is seriously injured in a truck wreck or work related accident, you may feel overwhelmed. There are medical bills, lost wages, uncontrolled pain, inconvenience, and confusing paperwork. Your situation may be made even worse when your own insurance company refuses to pay your claim. While hiring an attorney and prosecuting a lawsuit is the last thing you want to do, sometimes, legal action is the only way to receive the treatment and benefits the insurance companies are legally and contractually obligated to pay. So many people tell me that they don’t want to hire an attorney, but they feel that they have no other options since the insurance companies are lowballing or downright dealing their claim.
Helping Injury Victims In Northwest Arkansas With Their Recovery
At the Springdale Law Office of Jason M. Hatfield, P.A., we know exactly what to do to provide you with the best legal help possible following such incidents as:
- Car Wrecks – Auto accidents resulting from inattention, texting, DWI and speeding result in serious personal injury to those involved in the collision.
- Truck Wrecks – Are also referred to as semi-truck or tractor trailers accidents. These are known to cause serious personal injuries due to the mere size differences between the vehicles.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Inattentive drivers fail to see and yield motorcyclists the right of way resulting in catastrophic personal injuries.
- Bicycle Accidents – Inattentive drivers especially while texting swerve into cyclist causing in serious personal injury and death.
- Crosswalk Accidents – Motorists often fail to follow the laws and safety rules put in place to protect pedestrians when using crosswalks.
- Construction Site Accidents – Many construction companies cut corners and fail to follow OSHA safety rules. We pursue all type of accidents.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents – These are referred to as premises liability personal injury cases. Businesses are responsible to provide reasonably safe conditions for their customers, which are called invitees under the law.
- Workers Compensation Injuries – We represent workers regarding all types of injuries, including: spinal cord injuries, shoulder injuries, and amputations.
- Nursing Home Abuse – Nursing home negligence is more frequent than any of us want to admit. Corporate nursing home owners commonly cut staffing, which results in resident falls, bed sores, and often wrongful death.
- Riding Lawn Mower – Lawn mower or lawn tractor manufacturers are required to design their products with appropriate state of the art safety features. Failure to provide these products with proper rollover protection, seat belts, safety guards, and warnings, will end in amputations and fatal injuries.
- Defective Products – Defective drugs, medical devices, or other products can cause serious personal injury.
- Wrongful Death – Negligence in any form can result in death. Our judicial system allows individuals and families the constitutional right to hold corporations and insurance companies accountable for unsafe conduct and their disregard of the rules.
- Drunk Driving and Texting While Driving – Driving while under the influence or texting while driving are common causes of accidents and can lead to punitive damage awards.
- Catastrophic Injuries – Obviously, these include amputations, neck and back injuries, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, loss of vision, and even death.
Personal Injury Settlements and Litigation
The attorneys at the Law Office of Jason M. Hatfield are experienced trial attorneys. We aggressively pursue fair settlements of personal injury claims. We thoroughly advise our clients throughout the process and assist with all insurance benefits. Despite the propaganda put out by insurance companies, we know that most people do not desire litigation. Litigation involves opening your life and medical history to insurance companies. Litigation involves written questions under oath, depositions, hearings, trials, and appeals. Litigations is time consuming and stressful. We advise our clients when we have exhausted all avenues of reasonable resolution before recommending the filing of a lawsuit. Prior to filing a lawsuit we advise our clients the pros and cons of the case, and we discuss the variety of expenses involved with litigation.
Below is a description of three categories of torts:
- Negligence – This is one of the most common claims made. Negligence is claimed when a corporation breaches a duty of care and causes your injury. Examples are car wrecks, truck wrecks, and premises liability claims.
- Strict Liability – These claims are most common with defective product claims when products are manufactured defectively.
- Intentional Tort – Intentional wrongs can be defined when there was a deliberate intention to do harm, such as assault, battery, and intentional death. Generally, these claims are not covered by insurance policies.
What Damages Are Recoverable?
All personal injury claims are not created equal and must be handled on a case-by-case basis. There are a variety of factors that can impact the amount of compensation you can recover. Over the years, our office has pursued and recovered financial compensation for the following:
- Past and Future Medical Bills – These include: ambulance, hospital, radiology, anesthesia, doctor visits, physical therapy and prescription medications.
- Lost Wages – These are wages you would have earned if you were not restricted from working under a medical professional’s care.
- Lost Ability to Earn – wages you would have earned had you not been permanently restricted from earning as a result of your related injuries.
- Pain and Suffering – Pain and suffering damages arise from the injury itself and is available to any injured plaintiff. We often argue these to be quality of life damages in that you are no longer physically capable of doing things you once enjoyed or performing them without an increased degree of discomfort which makes them less enjoyable. Classic examples are fishing, hunting, biking, hiking, etc.
- Scarring and Disfigurement – These damages are usually associated with more serious injuries that involve surgeries and amputations.
- Punitive Damages – I call these punishment damages and are only allowed in cases of willful and wanton conduct or a conscious disregard for safety. Examples when these damages are allowed is when defendants cause harm while engaged in intentional torts, drag racing and driving while intoxicated. Another example is the McDonalds hot coffee case when McDonalds intentionally disregarded multiple OSHA violations and customer complaints for serving coffee so hot that it was inedible. The jury punished McDonalds for one day of coffee sales. The purpose of punitive damages is to punish the defendant’s bad conduct and for the most part is not directly associated with the victim’s injuries.
As your attorney, I am dedicated to addressing all of your legal needs during your personal injury case — as well as your workers’ compensation claim if you were injured at work — answering every question you have and compassionately guiding you to a successful result.
“Jason did an excellent job for me. I know many times I had a ton of questions and he was always right there to answer them – and he always kept me informed as to the status of my case.” — As submitted to lawyers.com
Experience. Dedication. Compassion.
Negligence happens every day and a serious injury can be devastating. With more than 20 years of experience we understand the struggles you may face. Our office is dedicated to ensuring you obtain the maximum financial compensation for your injuries and to ensure you are not left paying massive medical bills. Call us at 479-361-3575 today to schedule your free consultation or you may email me your questions online.
The Law Office of Jason M. Hatfield, P.A. represents injured people from all over Northwest Arkansas including Springdale, Fayetteville, Fort Smith, Rogers, Bentonville, Berryville, Hunstville, and Harrison.